D800 Autofocus issues II

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 22,761
Like?
Re: Can someone please point me to hard evidence of D800 focus problems
In reply to Simon Garrett, 7 months ago

Simon Garrett wrote:

I've had a browse through this thread, but I've seen nothing but personal abuse and vague comments that hint at focus issues.

Sorry if I've missed it, but has anyone posted evidence of specific focus problems, with descriptions of how to recreate those problems? I mean something with enough specific information to allow any D800 user to repeat the situation, and say with certainty "yes that problem occurs with my camera" or "no it doesn't".

No, no repeatable "evidence" was ever shown or discussed. I'd be very glad to repeat that test if there was any.

We know there was a left-focus issue with early D800s (now long-since fixed), and I'm sure any particular D800 might have a manufacturing defect (or have broken).

Right. If there ever was a left AF issue it is hardly missed by Nikon and it supposed to be fixed a long time ago. I bought mine in September 2012 and it had no "left AF issue".

But I've read no evidence of any generic design or manufacturing fault in D800 focusing (since the left-focus problem).

If that's wrong, please correct me. With hard evidence.

You are right. There is no such evidence.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow