Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 22,761
Like?
Re: While raising the same issue yet again does little
In reply to clarnibass, 7 months ago

clarnibass wrote:

olyflyer wrote:
I don't always agree with what Leonard posts, and I have not checked his figures or the background of his statements, but I must say, so far I have not seen any evidence of real issues.

I agree with most of your post. I will just reply one fact about this issue of the supposedly 100% non-reliable focus targets claimed by Leonard Shepherd in tests so far posted on this forum.

I've seen many of those targets, chose several and printed them to test them. I used relatively low light from regular home bulbs, not good daylight etc. Most targets were 100% good and reliable to get focus. This to me is a proof that the targets were good ones (testing wide open with prime lenses).

Whether any tester did something else to cause an AF problem with the reliable targets, I don't know and probably no one can say for sure. But what I can say for sure is that I've proven to myself that some of those supposedly bad targets are 100% good and reliable AF targets.

I can't talk about this in general terms because the "test" images and test targets I have seen as supporting Leonard's statements. I have so far not seen one singe "faulty AF test" which was done according to the recommendations from Nikon. I have not seen all the "AF issue" threads and not keeping any stats, but so far have not seen one single which did not have a good explanation.

Now, please understand, I am not saying that all cameras are perfect or that everyone is testing erroneously, just that I have not seen any test images which could be used as evidence for this. Also, what I also have seen is that there are even those who claimed to have had AF issues then sent in their cameras and got it returned fixed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow