Still like the form factor of X-E2 over X-T1

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,418Gear list
Like?
Disagree on terminology...
In reply to John Gellings, 11 months ago

John Gellings wrote:

Stealth has nothing to do with camera shape... nobody out on the street is thinking, wow, that faux-dslr shape is so easy to see but that RF shape is invisible.

Stealth may not be the proper word... Perception maybe should have been used.  Often when using a DSLR people seem a bit on edge.. store owners wonder what you are doing, so do security goons, people tend to shy away once you are spotted, etc.

When I have used any small boxy style camera, whether it be a D-Lux 4, GF1 or the X-E2, the perception seems to change from me possibly being a pro, reporter, terrorist, lawyer or some other "type" one needs to wary of to some spare tourist guy with a point and shoot.. and they ignore me.... in a sense that might be considered stealth.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow