Is A mount Sony's Titanic?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,325Gear list
Like?
Re: No, its their Pro Series Mount
In reply to WaltKnapp, 6 months ago

Joe M. wrote:

No I think Sony is Positioning the A-mount into the ProSumer / Professional Arena. They will not abandon the A-mount to much glass out there Old and New. I think the A-mount is going to be above the Emount and that the Emount is going to be the new affordable first DSLR Style camera for P/S photographers. Like the New A3000. I am sure that Sony will have a Great and Very Pro Series NEX7 replacement but I really want to see what they replace the A77 with and the A99 with.

Give them time and they will announce something soon.

How many years is in giving them time?  We have been giving them time,  now it looks more like prodding is needed big time.

Looks more like they are trying to transform E mount into their Pro line.  Hoping folks won't notice the inherent limitations in the E mount design.

If you think E-mount is what a pro line is about, then our standards itself differ. They are fine cameras and many will qualify as pro ready but that is not something where A-mount needs to be.

You say you have given ample time. I say, I have only seen you complain for at least couple of years (for that matter, E-mount isn't even 4). The landscape has changed dramatically and mirrorless technology will be a force to be reckoned it. The question is, have you moticed that?

If you agree, then why do you think Sony should do what Minolta was doing (and ended up on Sony's lap)? Why do you think Sony should follow Pentax (now sitting on Ricoh's lap)? And why do you think Sony should simply follow the Canon-Nikon establishment... do as they do, and expect to be taken seriously?

Seven years is not a long time to establish a brand in a highly competitive segment much less where an establishment dominates pretty much like a duopoly.

It takes time, starting with a plan and adhering to it. The E-mount offered Sony a growth area where the establishment has shown reluctance. I would wager that something like Nikon Df is in direct response to many Nikon owners looking at Sony E-mount to use their old, beloved lenses. The A-mount cannot do that.

So it makes sense for Sony to take a different approach, possibly a highly advanced one that breaks the ground differently than E-mount could. Pro line is NOT about portability first which is the primary goal of the E-mount. That is where A-mount must step in.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow