a lot of pressure on Sony now ...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,191Gear list
Like?
Sony's Greatest Challenge is not Fuji but...
In reply to miro3, 8 months ago

to match and outperform the Fuji X-T1 with the A7000 ( successor of the NEX-7) and the successor of the A7r.

How do you think Sony will respond?

Well, a7r is a FF camera so a different class.

As for a7000 (assuming it to be NEX-7 replacement), Sony's bigger challenge comes from the loudmouths who would be fixated on what Sony calls it and where the EVF is located. In other words: distraction and distractirs are likely the greater challenge. Obviously, Fuji does not need to deal with the nuisance.

The next challenge may be to properly train many professional reviews about how they should be using the cameras.

And finally, price, product features and quality. It is anybody's guess at this time whether Sony will use 20 MP sensor or a new 24mp. Either way, Sony would offer more resolution.

Back when NEX-7 was launched, an issue was lack of premium lenses. Since late 2012, that has been addressed with regularity. Now buyers even have FF lens options which will continue to grow.

Price: I expect Sony to keep it below a7, and within reach of more buyers. I personally would rather spend on lenses than on a camera body.

Features: Customization over redundant knobs and buttons. I prefer the former. I personally find ISO dial in Fuji cameras a gimmick although there is market for that. The key feature would be AF. I doubt we are at a point of seeing focal plane AF system displace mirror yet. Fast AF is less of an issue now (even FF camera like a7 did a good job in my hands). What I miss is ability to track, and do so continuously. Until that time, my personal solution remains using a mirror based camera (a55 in my case) or using SLT adapter on my NEX-6.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow