Our (photographers) taste in photos vs the general public

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Tim200
Regular MemberPosts: 176Gear list
Like?
Re: Our (photographers) taste in photos vs the general public
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 7 months ago

I don't do much landscape and know little about rules specific to landscape, so my opinion probably falls more into general public bucket.  I like the first shot the best, but none of the three are something that I'd want to print and hang on the wall.  The third is least appealing to me - can't put my finger on the reason though.

My mother recently showed me a collection of photos of my children that she chose to print to "show off" her grandchildren.  I've taken many photos of them with the gx7 that I consider well-composed and technically pleasing.  A few of those were in her prints, but the majority were grainy, dark low end p&s snapshots where the subject was composed dead center and way too wide a focal length.  That's okay if a special moment is caught in the shot, but these were plain vanilla posing shots.  Go figure.

Tim200's gear list:Tim200's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow