a lot of pressure on Sony now ...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
quezra
Senior MemberPosts: 2,285Gear list
Like?
Re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ...
In reply to GaryW, 8 months ago

GaryW wrote:

You must be one of those "paid shills" that thinks that a Sony camera with a hump is better than a Fuji camera with a hump. Everyone knows Fuji does humps better. Or something. No, seriously, I'm reading this thread wondering also just what is the logic here?

In truth, i like the design of both cameras, with humps. One is clearly retro, while Sony's with clean lines is trying to push a little bit out of the nostalgic design, but not by a lot. And the benefits for centrally-positioned EVF are very clear as those of us defending Sony's A7 decision have said all along... Fuji have really knocked this one out the park with this EVF - imagine if they'd tried to squeeze a pathetic little one in the corner!

What I don't get is the fixed manual dials, takes a lot out of the point of them, particularly shutter placed high up like where PASM dial is on the A7 (tried turning it - impossible for me without taking my hand out of a shooting grip, which means I can't shoot and adjust shutter in a fluid manner).

quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow