E-M5 Firmware update... V 2.0 today..

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
kenw
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,248Gear list
Like?
Hurray!!!
In reply to Christophotog, 7 months ago

These were two things I had wanted on the E-M5 - so glad they added them.  Smaller point focus desired for shallow DoF portraits and for much of my landscape shooting I end up over exposing ISO200 already and will be glad to have the extended ISO100 to do it for me (or at least start out closer).

There is of course a long list of other things I want to - but these were near the top of the list and there will always be another feature for me to be annoyed by (AEB Fn access - argh!).

As to focus peaking I may be remembering wrong but I thought at some point in the past some one from Olympus had said in an interview that appropriate processing and hardware resources were needed to effectively implement focus peaking and so it might not be practical to do on older models.  It was a long time ago and I might be confusing this with a Panasonic interview on the G/GH series cameras instead.

Personally I've tried focus peaking on a few cameras and didn't find it useful, but since I didn't own those cameras and couldn't use it for long enough it is quite possible I just was familiar enough with the implementation to use it effectively.

-- hide signature --

Ken W
See profile for equipment list

kenw's gear list:kenw's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow