Why do these A7R shots look so awful? Locked

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
unknown member
(unknown member)
Re: Are you guys completely insane?!
In reply to philosomatographer, 11 months ago

philosomatographer wrote:

I can't believe what I am reading. Which part of "I am not referring to artistic quality" was unclear to you all? Do you just WANT to pick a fight?

There were some very helpful responses in this - a technical gear forum - yet you come out of the blue and effectively state that performing any kind of technical analysis is a hostile act.

Why would anybody then even bother buying an ultra-high-image-quality camera like the A7 in the first place? Just get a Holga! Use your camera phone!

I posted a link to some appalling-quality images made with what is effectively the highest-performance image sensor available. I wanted community input, not owning the camera in question, but being very interested in it.

I got a most satisfactory answer from courteous replies - yet after it all, people feel they need to take this thread completely off-topic and spew bile in my direction. Please get over yourselves!

Sheesh.

I agree with you, philosomatographer.
Being an artist, having a vision can not cover badly ( technicaly speaking ) captured photos.

5nex7's gear list:5nex7's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +54 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow