E-M5 Firmware update... V 2.0 today..

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
texinwien
Senior MemberPosts: 2,650Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M5 Firmware update... V 2.0 today..
In reply to Heyseuss Hoolio, 7 months ago

Heyseuss Hoolio wrote:

Okay thanks for the answers to all that answered, I understand now how the overexposed ISO200 would be.

So...has this been verified what it actually does? How does the new ISO100 RAW file look? Does it look like an over exposed ISO200 file, or is the RAW file brought down in the camera then presented as a RAW ISO100 file?

See my previous posts in this thread for more details, but this is most likely not JPEG effect or an overexposed ISO 200 file.

Rather, ISO 200 is like an underexposed ISO 100 file with brightness boosted by the JPEG engine (and always has been). The new LOW setting should be like a correctly exposed ISO 100 file (that's exactly how it works on the E-M1, E-P5, E-PM2, E-PL5, etc.).

Since that's how it works on all of the other recent m43 cameras from Olympus, I think the safest assumption is that that's how it will work on the E-M5 after this firmware update (which I've already loaded onto my E-M5, but haven't had much chance to test).

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow