Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ian Abrahamson
Regular MemberPosts: 325Gear list
Like?
Dissapointment in quality from some manufacturers
11 months ago

Pocket-able point and shoot with good zoom. Not a trick question.

So i tried the Canon SX270 HS out, and as was warned battery problem. Took it back no problem.

This is the perfect size and quality that i was looking for and also the price was reasonable.

But quality issues, battery flashing and a few other minor issues is not on.

So i jumped ship and for slightly extra i got a S9300 Nikon Cool Pix. Very nice camera, but wait for it, when you use the zoom it goes blurry and some pics come out blurry or out of focus.

So i took it back, they updated the firmware, still the focus problem. I am sure the sensor is stuffed, but i also read up that others had the same issue.

My Beef is that Arent the products tested and checked before they go into production.

Looks like anyone just puts it together and it becomes the consumer problem.

I am waiting for a reply from the repair center. Nikon...BTW very nice people to deal with, i wonder if they will just give me the next model up. The Nikon A looks nice, they told me not to press my luck, not in my price range.

So which is the perfect point and shoot with good zoom qualities that has no issues.

Please dont all rush at once now hey ....

Now i am looking at other manufacturer's, Samsung and Fuji F800 EXR which also isnt perfect but has raw

Ian Abrahamson's gear list:Ian Abrahamson's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS +1 more
Canon PowerShot SX270 HS Nikon Coolpix S9300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow