Why do these A7R shots look so awful? Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
philosomatographer
Regular MemberPosts: 484Gear list
Thank you all (consider this thread closed)
In reply to philosomatographer, 6 months ago

Hi all,

This being DPReview, I can see that I already have some people ready to pounce on me. I don't know what it is with the users of this forum being so hostile!

I'd like to thank you all for your replies - first of all for the links to examples showing the incredible potential performance of the A7/r, and secondly, for bringing to my attention that almost all of these images are severly "over-cooked" HDR composites. This was not obvious to me - especially as most of them should comfortably be captured within the dynamic range of a single exposure on this camera.

Eveybody has their own style, and I would never like to judge that. I simply wanted to understand why these images has such poor technical quality when viewed at large magnifications. Not for the sake of pixel-peeping, but to get an impression of the A7/r as instrument for making large prints.

Those of you with this intriguing camera - enjoy it! I'm certainly going to play with one next time I'm in a shop that sells one.

Enjoy life,

Dawid

philosomatographer's gear list:philosomatographer's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow