E-M5 Firmware update... V 2.0 today..

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Heyseuss Hoolio
Regular MemberPosts: 341
Like?
Re: E-M5 Firmware update... V 2.0 today..
In reply to duartix, 7 months ago

duartix wrote:

Sourze wrote:

With access to lower ISO, does this mean we can also expect a slightly higher dynamic range?

As others have said before me, NO.

This should be looked at as if it was a JPEG effect. The base ISO on the camera is still 200, which means that this is nothing more than ISO 200 overexposed by 1 stop.

RAW DR will likely be lower, because the camera will expose more to the right (possibly over the point of clipping) and will leave you with less headroom for recovery of highlights.

-- hide signature --

Duarte Bruno

Can someone explain the updates more clearly? Maybe I'm just not understanding it completely.

I don't get the concept of the "overexposed" ISO200 by 1 stop. Wouldn't that mean it looks like ISO400?

And the smaller focus box, is it smaller than the 14x you can already set for the AF focus point, as well as the 14x magnification? Does it just change the autofocus area to smaller boxes covering the same AF area as before?

And how about some examples showing the differences with the ISO100 and ISO200, with subsequent edits where you bring down overexposed highlights or bring up underexposed shadows in each to see which holds up better.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow