D800 Autofocus issues II

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
clarnibass
Senior MemberPosts: 1,266
Like?
Re: While raising the same issue yet again does little
In reply to olyflyer, 9 months ago

olyflyer wrote:
I don't always agree with what Leonard posts, and I have not checked his figures or the background of his statements, but I must say, so far I have not seen any evidence of real issues.

I agree with most of your post. I will just reply one fact about this issue of the supposedly 100% non-reliable focus targets claimed by Leonard Shepherd in tests so far posted on this forum.

I've seen many of those targets, chose several and printed them to test them. I used relatively low light from regular home bulbs, not good daylight etc. Most targets were 100% good and reliable to get focus. This to me is a proof that the targets were good ones (testing wide open with prime lenses).

Whether any tester did something else to cause an AF problem with the reliable targets, I don't know and probably no one can say for sure. But what I can say for sure is that I've proven to myself that some of those supposedly bad targets are 100% good and reliable AF targets.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow