LCD touch AF uses Magnify box
In reply to Christophotog, 9 months ago

Christophotog wrote:

baxters wrote:

To select the small target via SCP:
-bring up the SCP
-highlight the focus box and press OK
-press INFO.

Now you can use either the rearmost dial or up/down arrow buttons to cycle thru the focus box choices. The left/right arrows or frontmost dial cycle thru face detect modes.

OK. I selected small target box and get it when it locks focus. But I use touch screen to position the focus box, I get the big target box. Anyone care to explain?

I can see that too.. But I also just tested the same process on my E-M1 and guess what! It does the same thing. Small square focus-point when using the half-press or EVF but large square focus point when using touch focus.

CJ

Use Magnify - Info to twiddle the box down to 14x size then the touch focus uses that 14x box. It works that way on my E-PL5.

Regular shutter button AF uses the small box if selected, the screen uses the Magnify box whatever size that was set to.

Regards...... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow