ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MPekala
Regular MemberPosts: 220
Like?
Canon EOS Utility and DPP
8 months ago

Hi all,

I just got my new 6D, after four and a half years (and nearly 15,000 photos) with a T1i.  I think I'm going to really like the step up to the 6D.  (I've been taking pictures for nearly 50 years.)

I use Apple Aperture and Photoshop Elements for post-processing, and as I was unpacking the 6D, I saw the familiar CD for Canon's EOS Utility (and a couple of other CDs).  I used to use DPP for raw processing (and I really liked it), but I never used the EOS Utility for anything.

In your opinions, should I reconsider?  Is there something that you think the EOS Utility is really indispensable for?  I loved the raw processing of DPP, but I don't want to add too many additional steps to my already pretty intensive workflow.  I searched for comments on these questions, but I would love to get any idea, suggestions, experience.  (For example, if EOS Utility is the "right" place in your opinion to connect to the 6D's wireless capability, that would be helpful to know.)  Thank you!

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow