Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
justin_time
Contributing MemberPosts: 673Gear list
Like?
Re: Dual Card Slots, Flash Sync Speed > 1/180, Proper 24P Manual Video, More
In reply to David_C, 11 months ago

David_C wrote:

1. Dual card slots for pros, wedding photogs. Stills to one card, video to the other, or as backup.

2. Proper pro flash, a Canon 600 wireless competitor

3. Flash sync speed has to get pass 1/180...at least 1/250, and if Fuji really wants to kick ass 1/500 or higher. I do a lot of flash photography, speedlites, and studio strobes.

4. Proper modern video, yes I want video in my still camera, 24P, 120 fps, 240 fps, 1080, 2.5K, high bit rates, head phone plug-in, mic plug-in, RAW out, etc, etc. Enough has been written about this that Fuji should be able to figure it out.

5. The super zoom on Fuji's site for 2015 has to be a Canon 200-400 f/4 IS 1.4 extender competitor, yes really, only for the x mount it will be 1/3 shorter and 1/2 the weight.

Not a complete list, but a start.

Above list has got nothing to do with a mirror / no mirror discussion. They are just general camera features important to you.

I disagree a 200-400mm f4.0 zoom with 1.4 extender would be 1/2 the weight. At these focal lengths APS-C format does not change the front element lens size which will determine the weight. Personally a 100-400 f3.5-f5.6 is what I hope the super tele zoom is - I traded my Nikon 200-400 4.0 for 80-400G 4.5-5.6 largey due to weight / size.

justin_time's gear list:justin_time's gear list
Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow