bigpigbig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,452Gear list
Like?
Re: Really? Okay, then...
In reply to LWS2013, 6 months ago

LWS2013 wrote:

Andrewteee wrote:

LWS2013 wrote:

This is no different to the Nikon DF using the same sensor as the D4, the D4 sensor isn't great and caused many Nikon users to switch over to Canon

Show your evidence. I have no skin in any game, but a statement like that should be backed up with the facts. Please point us to your sources that validate your statements.

First, why is the D4/Df sensor "not a great sensor"?

And show us where the D4 caused so many people to convert to Canon. I'm really curious about that one, for my own edification in understanding the current marketplace.

Thanks.

The D4/Df sensor isn't that great, as in there are better option, I called it not great when compared against the D800E sensor, the D4 is known for having good high ISO performance but when you compare it with the D800E at the same ISO the D4 loses detail much quicker than the D800E, with processing I could get a cleaner more details image at high ISO from the D800E than I could from the D4.

during this past year I've read posts/blogs etc from Pros that have moved from the D4 to the Canon 1Dx, I can't give you numbers and even if I gave you a list of those who I know have moved you'll just poo poo it so what would be the point, you are clearly just looking for an argument.

No, no, no, you are not getting away that easy.

First you are going to compare the D4 sensor to the D800e sensor and again claim that the D800e is better. This comparison has been done to death and both have been rated STELLAR and very close in IQ, each with very slight advantages.

Then, you magically make a connection that because D800e is better than the D4 people switched to the D1X.

What? Planet? Does this make sense?

Yes, there are people switching from Nikon to Canon and Canon to Nikon all the time. But NONE, not ONE, Single pro, switched because the quality of the D4 sensor was substandard.

That is absurd.

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow