Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
bigpigbig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,465Gear list
Like?
Re: You may end up
In reply to Josh152, 6 months ago

Josh152 wrote:

Putting the mirrorless ILCs you love so much in that coffin you seem so intent on making since none of them are profitable or ever have been.

First, why the hostility?

What makes you think I love mirrorless ILCs? So much?

I am not in love with a camera design. That would be weird.

For the 10,000th time, I shoot a D4, D800e, XE-1, Film from 35mm to 8x10, make photograms, print in the darkroom, print on an inkjet printer, print Cyanotypes in the sun, make solargraphy, etc. etc.

I am a photographer.

I am interested in the past and future of photography. The future will be different. I am pretty sure, flapping mirrors and secondary AF sensors (limited to the middle of the frame) will be replaced by mirrorless cameras with AF on the sensor all the way to the edge of the frame.

Many agree. Many disagree.

So, rethink your post, and try again.

No need to apologize. Just start again.

If what you were trying to say is that profitability is the limiting factor for the mirrorless camera. Just say that and try to explain yourself. Easy as pie.

There are many better reasons for DSLRs to remain viable that have been mentioned by others before you.

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow