Anyone using new MacPro basic configuration with LR5/PS CS6-CC? How quick?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,422Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone using new MacPro basic configuration with LR5/PS CS6-CC? How quick?
In reply to leicaman, 3 months ago

leicaman wrote:

Hi,

Considering a base (12GB RAM - Quad core XEON processors ) model MacPro trashcan.

I was wondering if anyone here has already gotten one and would share how well it works with LR5/PSCS6-CC.

I am moving from a 2007 Mac Pro V1.1 2.66 XEON with 9GB RAM. How much of an improvement might I expect?

Thanks!

I've ordered the 6-Core 3.5 GHz dual D700 Mac Prothe very first day when it came out with 32 GB RAM and 1 TB PCIe flash and I am still waiting for it 

But I've already received the rMBP13 inch in maxed out configuration, which I ordered the same time and even that machine is compare to my old Mac PRO early 2009 not that bad.

In LR 5 it is responsive and fast and does it's job on 5D II RAW files reasonably fast - even D800E RAW files and 2 GB TIFF files are acceptable in speed (I use a Promise Pegaus J4 Raid 0 for the images)

I would not worry with any of the current MACs on speed for LR - there is IMHO no pressing need to buy a MP late 2013 for image editing purposes. BUT it is surely nice to have one 

I ordered it because of 4k and UHD capability and this is the more important fact to me - having real estate on my desk. More pixels gives you a much better look and with the new affordable UHD displays  it is almost a no-brainer to order one.

Otherwise an iMAC is more then capable enough if you can live with the small sRGB gamut display.

I'd not be surprised to see an enhanced MAC mini soon and that offers you to choose the display you like  too.

4k is THE reason for me to order a late 2013 Mac PRO.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
if you start to fight with a pig you'll end up mud-wrestling - the only difference is the pig will like it

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow