stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 4,357Gear list
Like?
Re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ...
In reply to parallaxproblem, 10 months ago

parallaxproblem wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

miro3 wrote:

to match and outperform the Fuji X-T1 with the A7000 ( successor of the NEX-7) and the successor of the A7r.

How do you think Sony will respond?

Sony doesn't have to respond. They already make better images with more resolution.

The X-T1 is really aimed at the Df, so it's not really Sony's fight in the first place.

The problem is that if the NEX-7 replacement isn't what is being hoped for then a lot of current NEX-7 owners probably are going to jump ship to the X-T1 - some are already talking about it

People have been waiting a long time for the NEX-7 to be updated (there have been two NEX-5 upgrades in the interim), but at the same time may current NEX-7 owners like the format, build quality and layout of the camera and want to see this maintained in any new model

A DSLR shaped body, or a body made out of plastic will, rightly or wrongly, not be well received by many current NEX owners

For the moment the NEX-5T is still being sold but there is also an open question if there will be a place for a replacement model for that in the new Ax000 system between the $600 A5000 and the $900 (including kit lens) A7000 (guessing name)

Yes, I see that, good point.

But I think the NEX-7 is fine enough as is. Granted, the native lens collection is spotty and at times dull, but the ability to adapt would satisfy me quite well. If you ask me, I would rather Sony spend time improving the native NEX lenses first.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow