Re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ...
In reply to sean lancaster, 6 months ago

sean lancaster wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

miro3 wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

miro3 wrote:

to match and outperform the Fuji X-T1 with the A7000 ( successor of the NEX-7) and the successor of the A7r.

How do you think Sony will respond?

In what way?

The Nex-7 with 24Mp still trumps in IQ?

I guess it needs a hump then after all?

No hump!

Just:

- fast autofocus

- fast update of the EVF and LCD (the Fuji X-T1 has a display lag for the EVF and LCD of only 0.005 seconds vs. X-E2: 0.05s, and Olympus OM-D E-M1: 0.029s (not sure what these are for the Sony cameras)

Big deal. This starts to become wearisome. Fast autofocus is not important for 99% out there.

Woo hoo! I'm the one in a hundred who fast AF is important for!!!!

Hold on... or are you the one in a hundred who it isn't important for?

It is the only thing Sony can add to bring me back, so I am definitely in the 1% according to Steve's numbers. However, his numbers are completely erroneous and his wishful thinking, so there's that, too.

Erroneous implies they were at one point put forth as fact which in case they were not. It was anecdotal to make a point. I find this constant micro improvement marketing to be wearisome toil for both consumer and manufacturer.

I just picked up my A7 and focused on something and it's not only completely silent, it's plenty fast. There is no way it's not up to the task of street, bird, family dog or family activity shots. Silly to think more is actually needed.

What does impress me about the Fuji is that it's got an X-Trans sensor and takes some of the best lenses out there. But what bums me is that it lacks the hybrid view finder like the X-Pro 1.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow