a lot of pressure on Sony now ...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,683Gear list
Like?
Re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ...
In reply to stevo23, 10 months ago

Not by as much margin as you think. Sure full frame is full frame and the 24mp sensor is gorgeous.

But the EVF, the tracking AF of the XT1 (this could be the breakthrough in AF that stops DSLR uses switching - finally an AF unit that is good for moving objects), the manual focus aids, the frames per second (8 with tracking AF), the fast read/write speeds (260mb per sec), ISO dial on top with multiple manual swtiches, 6 customisable buttons, weather sealed.

OOC jpegs from Fuji are the best there are. The 56mm F1.2, 23mm F1.4, 35mm F1.4 lenses add to the allure. They are the Fuji holy trinity of prime lenses and are superb. They all are metal. They all have aperture rings. The zooms have image stabilisation.

The 10-24mm F4 zoom, the 14mm F2.8 with zero distortion, the about to be released 18-135mm F3.5 weather sealed zoom and further weather sealed zooms 16-55 F2.8, 50-150 F2.8. So the lens selection is pretty seductive. The lenses are right up there in quality with just about anything and AF is now pretty fast so it does leave much to be desired. There is also a rumour Adobe LR is about to release more support for the Xtrans system (its already very good and many other RAW converters out there are good as well - Photo Ninja, Aperture, Capture 1, Lightroom).

Having said that I love my A7r and A7r would still be the camera I reach for and also for video if were going to do that.

But I still plan to get a Fuji XT1 for my Fuji lenses.

I want 2 systems - the Sony emount and the Fuji X. That has been my conclusion after 2 years of evaluating the current camera market. I like them the best.

If an A8r came out with 54 mp full frame and in camera IBIS - wow. That would be light years ahead of anything.

Greg.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow