The rise of (serious) mirrorless: Sony Alpha 7 and Fuji X-T1

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Lumixdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
For me the DSLR is dead, but that's not the case for everyone.
In reply to BertIverson, 8 months ago

When you can pick up a mirrorless camera with APS-C optics, in a small body unless you have a specific reason for a DSLR there's no need. A DSLR will always have more room in its body for better features, but for the average casual to semi-professional shooter which the majority out there represent there's simply no need.

A small kit with one or two lenses is all you need and the ability to grab and go simply means that you get out there and take more shots, rather than sitting here on an internet forum gripping with each other over whether Canon or Nikon is better because you're sick and tired of lugging around your 6D and overnight travel bag sized lens kit just to go out and shoot.

I enjoy the journey as much as the shots, and mirrorless cameras allow me to do that.

Ed B wrote:

Compact cameras have electronic shutters.

Actually this isn't the case My LX7 has an electronic shutter, but only if you cripple it to 3.5 megapixels and shoot in burst mode for 40 or 60 frames per second. Otherwise it has a mechanic shutter which shoots at up to 11frames per second... Some compacts may be electronic only but not the one I use.

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow