Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
britcam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,163Gear list
Like?
Re: Still like the form factor of X-E2 over X-T1
In reply to jrk, 10 months ago

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

shigzeo ? wrote:

I guess I don't get the idea that the X-E2 is more stealthy than the X-T1 or an SLR. It is the same size as a traditional SLR and uses lenses that are the exact same size or larger than every manual SLR lens of equivalent focal length since the 1970's.

Walk into a concert where no photography with pro equipment is allowed and the XT1 will probably be stopped at the door.. The XE2 often just walks right in. That's a different kind of stealth... concert security goons see a DSLR and think pro... they see something like the XE2 or X100 and think point and shoot.... no threat.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

I did exactly that last week! I walked into a Dave Mason concert with my X-E2 and sat on an aisle seat. I took about 60 pictures during the concert and no one said one word to me. I posted a couple OOC jpegs in this link.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52975013

I'm looking forward to doing the same thing - ordered my 55-200 last night for use with my X-E2.

I will never forget the time I took some pics at a local jazz concert some time ago using an Oly E3 and 35-100 f2. The lens alone weighed 1.6kg, and I remember thinking there had to be a better way one day ...

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
Rich S (britcam)

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-A1 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow