I want to get into DSLRs but new help on which system to get.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
luislimbert
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
I want to get into DSLRs but new help on which system to get.
10 months ago

I own a Panasonic G3 with three non-kit lenses (45mm f1.8; 14mm f2.5; and a telephoto one). The pictures are great when there is plenty of light, and I love sharing them whenever possible on social media and whatnot. The only problem that I have is its low-light capability while shooting hand held and high ISO. I figured that a bigger sensor on a DSLR would do the trick and help me with low-light shooting.

I am highly considering a Pentax K-3 but my main pushback is the limited number of lenses available, accessories, and other things such as lack of coverture in books, magazines, etc., because Pentax is not one of the "big three," if you count Sony. I wanted to get Pentax users' opinions in particular if they ever felt that they were somehow left out of the picture when they do not see their systems getting paid too much attention to. There's also this sweet Sigma lens (18-35 f1.8) that is coming out soon, but even IT will not be made for Pentax. I just don't want to get into a system that I will later regret; this is my small little fear given that I do not know anyone who uses a Pentax and cannot get their opinions regarding my concern.

Thank you in advance.

Luis Limbert

luislimbert's gear list:luislimbert's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow