Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
westcoaststeel
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Royal screw up on my a7!!
3 months ago

So I finally saved up enough to buy the new a7 and after renting it for a week and taking her for a spin I fell in love and knew this was the camera I was waiting for. I did some research online to try and find the best place to purchase it from and came across Fumfie.com. I wasn't really looking to get the kit lens since I mostly shoot manual focus for the type of photography I do and at $1500 I couldn't pass the deal up. I of course did a lot of research into Fumfie to see if it was one of those scam websites with deals too good to pass up but with buyer protection through my credit card and descent reviews of the business I decided to take the plunge.

I paid for the expedited shipping and my total ended up being $1600 with taxes. After placing the order I had to call them and confirm my purchase, where they tried to sell me an extra battery and some cleaning protection...but I was already expecting that from the reviews I had read so it didn't bother me.

The camera ended up showing up a business day late thanks to that lovely weather you fine folks back east are having...but that's ok, not Fumfie's fault, just mother nature and UPS

So it FINALLY arrived yesterday and I didn't really get a chance to mess with it until today. I'm not really paying attention because I got an a7 in the box, body only...just what I ordered. Well when I went to register it with Sony I look on the bottom and see ILCE-7R! What? That couldn't be right? Sure enough, I look on the front and it say's 7R...check the box...7R.

I was (am) flabbergasted! I was looking at the a7R but couldn't justify the price for the megapixels and I don't do a lot of big prints anyway so 24mp was just fine for me.

So, for $1600 I got an a7R...pretty stoked about my good fortune and now have nothing but GOOD things and praise for Fumfie.com lol

Zachary

Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow