Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NathanNL
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
Best consumer DSLR under €1000 incl. lens
6 months ago

Just now I read two articles on here about a Pentax K-500 and the Canon 100D.

After that I read that the Pentax' AF is less than Canon/Nikon's.

So and then I found some articles about the D(3100/)3200/3300 and the D5100.

I have no clue how to differentiate them.

At the moment I use a Canon S100 and I want better image quality. Overall and in low-light scenes. The ability to use a lens for objects further away is nice as well since the S100 has only 5x zoom.

I had a Alpha 100 in the past. I wasn't that impressed with the image quality and I thought it was a bit heavy to carry everywhere. (Especially with two lenses) But if a Nikon is much better then weight is less important.

I really would like better pictures of horse riding inside for example. With the S100 these pictures don't look very nice and the 5x zoom is a pity as well in such situations. At those times I miss my Alpha 100 quite a bit.

Still I'm a bit of a beginner. I also used a very cheap Canon compact after the Alpha 100 (not happy with purchase in the end) and the S100. I like the S100 best out of these three except for low-light situations and when needing more zoom.

So it's between Nikon and Canon. I don't want a Sony anymore. Please help me make an educated choice. I want to buy the camera with kit lens if it's any good. Maybe add a battery if battery life isn't good enough for my needs. A good bag of course. And later another lens for more zoom. (Sorry, I know about mm and it not being .x) I'm not sure what the best lenses are for the price either. English isn't my native language, so please excuse me if I made mistakes.

NathanNL's gear list:NathanNL's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot S100
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow