Is A mount Sony's Titanic?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Silverback46
Contributing MemberPosts: 767Gear list
Like?
Re: Is A mount Sony's Titanic?
In reply to tqlla, 11 months ago

There is no guarantees on the companies survival. But the point is, the Fmount is much more important to Nikon, than the Amount is to Sony.

I bought my A77 in may. I got a great deal, $940 with the 16-50mm, open box from best buy. I was planning on selling the A77, and keeping the lens for my A65. I was surprised at how much I liked the A77. I ended up selling the A65. I find I use the A77 more than the A850.

The A7/A7r are great moves for Sony. For us... not really.

I agree with you there on the Fmount. I do find it fascinating though that a company like Sony would introduce a whole new mount system at this point in the game. To me it is saying that Sony believes this is the best way to dethrone one of the big two. Their focus must be on the lens system now.

Interesting to hear you use the a77 more. I had a chance to pick an a850 up at the same price as an a77 body but I have decided to wait. I may grab an a77 in the future if the A-mount is stalled but I have time and lots of cameras.

Silver

Silverback46's gear list:Silverback46's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony SLT-A58 Sony a77 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow