A quick day out with the Olympus E-M1 and the SONY a7

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Daniel Wee
Contributing MemberPosts: 529Gear list
Like?
Re: A quick day out with the Olympus E-M1 and the SONY a7
In reply to SaltLakeGuy, 11 months ago

<rant>Well, I can totally understand why some people prefer it one way or another - that's human diversity. Would be weird if every single one liked it the same way, wouldn't it? It's a bit like arguing over why some people are left-handed shooters and why they can't be like us right-handed shooters. The whole exercise is fundamentally pointless and unproductive. We certainly don't need to turn this into either:-

1. a "religious war"
2. an apologetic/defense for one particular view

As it is, we already have enough self-appointed opinion police around, which really kills the fun of sharing things around here. So my answer - Yes, I CAN totally understand why someone prefers things differently than I do. It's not a matter of right or wrong, just a matter of preference. It's great if each shares why they like things they way they do, since this will help others learn a few things if possible - but without the need of directly or indirectly dismissing the opposing position.
I think quite a few people here in the forums could really use with some rules of engagement, and in some cases (not yours) reading skills.
And since I'm ranting, some people seem really hung up on words people use, as evidenced elsewhere in this thread. It would be really nice if people came to these forums with less of an antagonistic mindset, and more of a desire to just enjoy things. Look, none of us own these forums. The specific words chosen here isn't going to kill or hurt any of us. Add to the fact that not everyone articulates themselves well using English as a medium. Given these things, nit-pickers should really find better things to do. </rant>

Daniel Wee's gear list:Daniel Wee's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD750 Olympus C-2000 Zoom Nikon D70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus E-M1 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow