Still like the form factor of X-E2 over X-T1

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
SteveHobbs
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Re: Still like the form factor of X-E2 over X-T1
In reply to Blue Jay, 6 months ago

I have recently upgraded from the X-E1 to the X-E2. Primarily because I absolutely loved the format. The issues I had with the X-E1 have been addressed in the X-E2 and nice to see that they have taken forward the benefits and enhanced them for the X-T1. But, I believe that the two cameras are aimed at slightly different markets. the X-T1 is aimed at those people that find it difficult to move away from the DSLR form factor and want to feel that DSLR familiarity.  The X-E2 is less obtrusive but still packs a puch, quality of the optics are the same and image quality is superb, it just blows me away.

There are other benefits such as the environmental protection aspects of the X-T1 but these are not really an issue for me, I treat my camera with respect irrespective of the conditions. If I was going to expose myself and my camera to adverse conditions on a regular basis then the protection would certainly become a factor in my purchasing decisions.

I believe that once again Fuji are on to a winner with this new camera but I will not be changing my X-E2. The form factor, IQ and handling characteristics just suit me perfectly.

The fact that I have never received so many positive comments from friends, colleagues and family regarding the images that I now produce has had an effect, but I have to say I am my worse critic and I'm finding less and less to criticise about the images I am now produces with this X-E2. That doesn't mean that I can't improve further just that my limitations are not constrained by the camera just my skill.

SteveHobbs's gear list:SteveHobbs's gear list
Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Fujifilm X-E2 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow