Still like the form factor of X-E2 over X-T1

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Bob Gates
Senior MemberPosts: 1,464Gear list
Like?
Re: Still like the form factor of X-E2 over X-T1
In reply to Blue Jay, 11 months ago

I have a Canon 5DIII and I had the X100 for a few years as well, and loved the form factor of the X100.  When I wanted more speed and interchangeable lenses, it was between the Oly OM-D EM-1 and the X-E2. While APS-C vs m43 played some part, I just couldn't bring myself to get another hump camera, it felt too much like a smaller DSLR, and I bought the X-E2.  I know that the Oly is physically not significantly bigger than the Fuji, but psychologically it just feels bigger, if that makes sense.

Over the past few weeks as the rumors swirled about the X-T1 I was worried that it would have features that would compel me to change my mind and swallow my distaste of that form factor.  I'm happy to say that hasn't happened.  Yes, there are a few nice things, especially the flip out LCD and the promise of better focus tracking, but none of them essential to my way of shooting.  So yes, count me as one who, even today, would choose the X-E2 over the X-T1 and that's largely because of the form factor.

Bob Gates's gear list:Bob Gates's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow