ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nicholo89
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
So why did you buy a Leica?
11 months ago

Hello everyone.

For the past several months I've been obsessing about the M240. I've read about over a dozen reviews and also other articles that simply talk about Leica as a brand and the shooting experience. I've played around with the M240 several times as well during my travels (Hong Kong seems to have a surplus of M240's by the way). But I wanted to ask the COMMUNITY as to why you bought into a Leica, and perhaps specifically, the M240.

I have already begun saving up for the M240. Whether I will truly take the plunge once the funds are acquired may be another story to tell. But as of now, I am saving. I know that I have absolutely no need for the M240. I am not lying to myself by saying I need it, but I know that I want it - for the shooting experience, the heritage, the build quality and well, that "something". I know that the desire to have it is probably 95% emotional. The Fuji that I have delivers enough quality - though I do miss the full frame sensor. The FF sensor may be the only object that can qualify as a need. I've already acquired a few M mount lenses as well and it should suffice until I have enough for a 35 cron or lux.

So again, why did you buy a Leica? And well, what do you enjoy most about it?

-- hide signature --
 nicholo89's gear list:nicholo89's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Leica M Typ 240 Carl Zeiss C Sonnar T* 1,5/50 ZM Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton Voigtlander 50mm F1.1 Nokton +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow