Still like the form factor of X-E2 over X-T1

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
BillyInya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,262Gear list
Like?
Re: Still like the form factor of X-E2 over X-T1
In reply to Blue Jay, 8 months ago

I like my X-E1 but after 30 or so years with the SLR/DLSR format the change in format and handling has not come easy for this old codger.

I always pack the old S3 Pro in the car and sometimes use at the end of jobs. When I do two things happen...

1. I instantly feel more 'at home' with the big slow and heavy beast.

2. I end up always using shots taken with it (the out of cam IQ is truly extraordinary with the S3Pro - to my eyes maybe even fractionally better than the X-E1).

Both of the above experiences annoy the hell out of me. I just can't seem to let the S3Pro go completely and make the switch for some reason.

I don't know whether I am the only one finding it a little difficult making the complete switch from DSLR to X-E1 style. The X-T1 could be a good move for me the more I think about it. I like 16MP, don't want or need anymore.

My own testing of the X-E2 out of cam jpeg's at decent ISO did not impress me at all so I am a little hesitant about the X-T1 using the same sensor as the X-E2, but maybe they have improved things a little beyond the X-E2. Who knows.

I am very keen to see first user reports with the X-T1. Could be my next cam.

BillyInya's gear list:BillyInya's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow