So much for the EVF being insufficient for action.....

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
NO
In reply to Ontario Gone, 6 months ago

Ontario Gone wrote:

canonagain123 wrote:

Ontario Gone wrote:

Are you faulting me for having an opinion, or for sharing it?

for spouting your opinion over and over and over and over again like some religious nut trying to convert as many people as he can. I'm faulting you for not being able to have an opinion that isn't abrasive and stepping on other people's toes. I'm faulting you for not being able to have a nonexclusivistic, nonelitistic, nonostracizing preference.

You cannot see the forest through the trees. Here is how i actually see it. IF there was an EVF that was indistinguishable from OVF (close enough that even OVF enthusiasts would not care), and if on sensor PDAF was as fast as today's dedicated PDAF, and if battery life was just as good as an equivalent DSLR, then what? Would the shooting experience not be just as enjoyable?

Now before you say "but we are a long ways away from that", the question stands. Would you not have just as enjoyable experience with that mirrorless? My views are not exclusive, they are all inclusive because i believe all the haters would love such a mirrorless camera. If they can get by any personal walls, that is. I truly believe mirrorless is the best answer, not because i have a grudge to sort out by winning an argument, not because i have some ancient sentimental attachment to an outdated technology. Because i actually believe it's superior, or at least will be.

The more people that jump aboard mirrorless, the faster we will get there. So no, it's not a cult, it's not a religion, and it's not elitist. It's technology, and it's going to happen whether you want it to or not.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

You know why I wouldn't prefer it, if it was the same? For the same reason I won't suddenly change brands if some other company starts making breakfast cereal that is just as good as Kellog's. If it's truly better, I'll consider it. That said, I use an OVF because I trust my eyes more than I trust the interpretation of an EVF, and considering the kind of eyes I have decorating my head, it's for a good reason too. Technology is getting more and more cybernetic; just as your mirrorless cameras advance, so does all other kinds of tech. You think I'm emotionally attached to the past and hate all future tech? Try again. I will laser my eyes, install crystal lenses, and if necessary, have signal gain nanites injected into my optic nerve with a collective neural command downlink to my brain to improve my vision, and still look through an OVF (now far superior thanks to my signal gain nanites) because I can still trust the clear optical path through the OVF and my eyeballs directly to my brain where the information is processed more than I trust some puny EVF and an inferior processor in a dslr to do it for me. How about that?

You are the only one who wants to "get there". I don't want to "get there", I enjoy being here and getting at a better FF DSLR in the future.

As long as we have emotions, we will have an emotional component to the things we do (people who lack emotions aside). My preferences have an emotional component to them too. I like my emotions and my emotional reasons, just like I like my ability to reason. Balance of emotion and reason is important. You can try to fight that and change people, but the more you try, the more they will hate you and your mirrorless for it. You're expecting illogical, emotional people to respond logically to your illogical, emotional nonsense about it being "better" if mirrorless becomes the market leader. Come on! Think! You have a brain, use it and see your foolishness for what it is. People have emotions which they like, and you veiling your emotional reasons thinly in a pretense of "the common good" is transparent to every single person in here.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NONew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YesNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow