Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
bigpigbig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,559Gear list
Like?
Re: Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?
In reply to Graham Hill, 7 months ago

Graham Hill wrote:

rgb vandal wrote:

I do not understand why so much aggression about this question .

Thanks

Many dont understand why some mirrorless fans are so aggressive and condescending towards SLR's and their fans. There simply is no rational reason why SLR's have to die in order for mirrorless to survive. Yet a certain group amongst the general mirrorless population (of which I am a part of), are absolutely fanatical, in a religious way to the point that they must proclaim the death of SLR's, DECADES in advance of when that might actually happen. This brings them joy. This brings them happiness. For the rest of us, it is tiresome to the extreme.

Not all mirrorless users are like this. Only a small, but very loud, subgroup. They are exceedingly irrational. I'm called an SLR user by them, despite the fact that I almost never use my SLR. I use mirrorless, both digitally and on film. It does not matter since I do not worship, and I do mean worship, the altar of mirrorless.

"aggressive and condescending towards SLR's" they are not sentient beings, Ratty.

Us and Them nonsense. This is not college football.

I use a D800e and D4 and love the experience using them. I have 10 or more excellent Nikon and Schneider lenses that I love. The image quality from both of these cameras is far better than anything my Fuji can offer yet.

Still, the day is coming. And I enjoy thinking about it. What advantages does a mirror offer? What advantages does a mirrorless camera offer. Why has Nikon yet to release a hybrid DSLR?

I still find it amazing that this kind of talk "tires" you and yet you continue to read and respond to this thread.

Ratty, why don't you find an exciting thread that doesn't tire you to get involved with.

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow