Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Pic Man
Contributing MemberPosts: 915
Like?
Re: Our (photographers) taste in photos vs the general public
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 7 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Pic Man wrote:

To be honest I don't think friends and family count as the general population. They are generally more polite and will like your photos because it's you that took them rather than on the merits of the photo.

In my experience it is difficult to get them (family, friends, co-workers, etc.) to single out specific photos as particularly good. I often get comments like "They are all good. I couldn't pick a favorite." or "There are so many good ones." Therefore, when a particular photo is singled out, as these were, I pay more attention to it and try to figure out what I did right.

Perhaps photographers will generally look at more photos and will be tougher to please but I'm not so sure. Personally I don't think it matters to much what others think as long as you're pleased with it unless of course you're trying to sell your pictures. Pleasing others is secondary but usually if i'm pleased with a photo others are also, just maybe not to the same extent :-D.

I like your last shot. Nicely composed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow