So much for the EVF being insufficient for action.....

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 2,431Gear list
Like?
Re: I'm faulting you
In reply to canonagain123, 6 months ago

canonagain123 wrote:

Ontario Gone wrote:

Are you faulting me for having an opinion, or for sharing it?

for spouting your opinion over and over and over and over again like some religious nut trying to convert as many people as he can. I'm faulting you for not being able to have an opinion that isn't abrasive and stepping on other people's toes. I'm faulting you for not being able to have a nonexclusivistic, nonelitistic, nonostracizing preference.

You cannot see the forest through the trees. Here is how i actually see it. IF there was an EVF that was indistinguishable from OVF (close enough that even OVF enthusiasts would not care), and if on sensor PDAF was as fast as today's dedicated PDAF, and if battery life was just as good as an equivalent DSLR, then what? Would the shooting experience not be just as enjoyable?

Now before you say "but we are a long ways away from that", the question stands. Would you not have just as enjoyable experience with that mirrorless? My views are not exclusive, they are all inclusive because i believe all the haters would love such a mirrorless camera. If they can get by any personal walls, that is. I truly believe mirrorless is the best answer, not because i have a grudge to sort out by winning an argument, not because i have some ancient sentimental attachment to an outdated technology. Because i actually believe it's superior, or at least will be.

The more people that jump aboard mirrorless, the faster we will get there. So no, it's not a cult, it's not a religion, and it's not elitist. It's technology, and it's going to happen whether you want it to or not.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NONew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YesNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow