Forum ProPosts: 10,381Gear list
Like?
Re: Is A mount Sony's Titanic?
In reply to WaltKnapp, 6 months ago

nandbytes wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

contax4ever wrote:

ZA 50mm... 70-200 and 70-400... a99 and a77

I count $10k worth of stuff, and I'm sure there's more you haven't mentioned. I'm baffled. I don't get how someone can spend that kind of money and then look here for reassurance.

And one would expect some amount of longevity too for that kind of money. At least 5 years? maybe 8-10?

For all their equipment Sony only guarantees supplying parts for 7 years from the date of last manufacture of that model. It's not forever. Those lenses are probably the older models and thus no longer in manufacture, at least the 70-200 and 70-400, so the clock is already ticking down.

Of course one can shoot with something that might quit shooting with no way to repair in the next shot.  But then it pays to have a plan that backs up that equipment.  And that means being aware of the state of play of new equipment.

So which manufacturer guarantees supply of parts beyond seven years?

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow