ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dodi73
Senior MemberPosts: 1,435Gear list
Like?
The rise of (serious) mirrorless: Sony Alpha 7 and Fuji X-T1
10 months ago

Hello everyone

I posted it here because it's a cross-brand thought and was wondering who's of my same idea and why if not. Recently, the two aforementioned cameras were released and they both look terribly good to a potential buyer. Check for yourself the "Most popular cameras" slide bar just aside this frame. They smoke everything else out there.

They are both lighter, cheaper and smarter than classic DSLRs while retaining 90/95% of DSLRs IQ; they have superb lenses and in case of Sony - not enough of Zeiss partnership - accept almost any (meaningful) lens on the planet via a dedicated adapter. Plus, they both have excellent build quality.

Sure, Sony still applies a premium price, but that's it and probably it's the only downside I can think of at the moment.

Is it the beginning of the fall for DSLRs ? I'm wondering if these (and those coming soon) models will be able to erode the DSLRs customer base simply by making smart technology and effective performances available and not only the premium price paid for the brand.

I've always been on the Nikon side (see my sig) but I'm wondering if I should start saving money to get one of them. I think they both are a full palm above everything else out there - recently. The only camera I'd consider otherwise (for other reasons) is the RX10 by Sony which is very versatile as well and has a full 24-200 f/2.8 stabilized lens on a relatively large sensor which otherwise would cost too much for larger cameras.

-- hide signature --

All the best from northern Italy, Dino.
I'm on the NIK side of photography.

Dodi73's gear list:Dodi73's gear list
Nikon D600 Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 3,5/18 Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/50 Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 +5 more
Fujifilm X-T1 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow