Is A mount Sony's Titanic?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
tqlla
Senior MemberPosts: 1,609Gear list
Like?
Re: May be selling in India, but not Japan.
In reply to digititus, 9 months ago

digititus wrote:

K E Hoffman wrote:

digitalshooter wrote:

Waiting to be taken off! Sony cannot sustain the a mount forever. The crossover from other brands, has not happened. Sony is reaching for anything They can, but ultimately the ship will sink.

Folks are not buying their changes,

Sales figures or are you just making stuff up... I have already shared Sony's success in India.with links. and money is money even if it doesn't come from cranky people in the NA and Europe

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

Sony may be selling in India, but recent data shows the Japanese are not buying Sony DSLR/SLT's. In that category Sony lost market share in 2013 - in fact, they fell out of third place. They even lost ground in the Compact camera category. This data is only for Japan, but I would expect the Japanese to be pretty savvy camera buyers.

Anyone expecting Sony to displace Canon or Nikon in market share better start worrying more about the "also ran's" because it is starting to look like Sony has a better chance at 4th or 5th place, than 1st or 2nd.

Thats because Sony only released 1 Amount and the A58 was set up for failure.  It was a downgrade from the A57 in almost aspect(Aside from the EVF and sensor).  And the competition, was using Sonys 24MP sensor(D3200/5200)

The A99 also came out at a too high of a price. $2800.  Most of use knew the street price on the A99 wouldnt budge.  When the A99 arrived, you could find a 5D3 and the D800(which uses Sony's 32MP sensor) for less than $2800.  Not only that, the D600(The A99 sensor) and the 6D arrived at much lower prices.

My fear is that these excuses dont amount to a hill of beans in Sony Exec eyes.  They look at it and think.... whoa the last two Alphas flopped, lets put all of our resources in Emounts.

*note, I dont that they flopped, but given the competition and pricing, I dont think they were very successful.

tqlla's gear list:tqlla's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A99 NEX5R Sony 50mm F1.4 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow