Is A mount Sony's Titanic?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
WaltKnapp
Forum ProPosts: 13,819
Like?
Re: Is A mount Sony's Titanic?
In reply to K E Hoffman, 11 months ago

K E Hoffman wrote:

as much as we fight.. I like your photography. When you show it here.. . and I seriously believe that if your judgment is based on a few minutes only other EVFs.. and you had it longer You might like it.

Honest offer Walt..

Just like the rest of your misrepresentation of me and what I think in your pile of Sony fanboy posts you have extensively misrepresented me on EVF.

I did not just wonder into a dealer's and do a few casual shots.  When I've checked each new EVF I've researched the information available about it extensively and I've specifically tested it's abilities to work on the shots I do as well as general shooting. Often, repeatedly, with other photographers that have the equipment. It keeps not catching up with OVF, and because i understand the limitations of the design I'm not expecting that it will, but I still check.  I'm not talking about things I already know how to do well, like exposure or MF, where for some it's been a saver as they never put the effort into the learning on those things.  That's what EVF development has been about for me, unneeded options.

Even so, I do use EVF routinely, where it can be used.  I've a perfectly good HX300 bridge camera that is EVF and I can get good shots with it,  I can get around it's EVF foibles, the camera is more a limitation than it's EVF though it produces very good shots, some of which Sony E or A mount cameras can't reach.  That extra long reach of it's excellent Zeiss zoom is part of that.

There is so little interest in photography here I moved on to places where folks more like to see what I shoot.  That is why I don't post photos here much.  There are more appropriate places.

I'm actually only wandering in here now because of the Tamron 150-600 lens coming out. Looking around a bunch of places about that, but looking around while here. (actually the Nikon and Canon groups have more intelligent discussions about the technology of that lens) This is not on my first list of internet reading anymore. I assume you will celebrate that. Only want folks that toe your line

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow