Is A mount Sony's Titanic?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Joe M.
Regular MemberPosts: 499Gear list
Like?
Re: No, its their Pro Series Mount
In reply to WaltKnapp, 7 months ago

Is it possible Sony will discontinue the A-Mount, Yes.  But the question you have to ask yourself is this.  Is it in Sony's best interest to do so?  NO.  They would not shoot themselves in the foot by doing that.  Hell they already angered many because the change to the Flash Shoe from the Minolta Flash Mount. Me included.

They haven't announced anything yet.  They stated numerous times that they are behind the A-mount.  They are changing to Mirrorless which is fine.   We know that, so they are going to come out with a A-Mount Mirror Less Camera.  Maybe something technical is holding them back for whatever reason they will eventually announce something.  Right now most of Sony's gear is still ahead of the competitors, in my opinion.  So they figure they have time to R&D and come up with something great.  I remember when this all happened when the A700 wasn't being announced and a lot of Minolta people wanted a true Pro-sumer camera like their 7000 series.  Well Sony did eventually announce the A700 and it came out.  But the forums were lit up with the same paranoia about Sony abandoning the A-mount then.  When they announced the NEX line the forums started it again about no more A-mount.  Now that we are transitioning into the Mirrorless camera systems, we here it again.

My point is to sit back and relax use your Sony's A series cameras and be happy.  Buy a lens if you need it.  Get out and Take some Photos.

IMHO

Thanks

Joe

Joe M.'s gear list:Joe M.'s gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX20 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow