Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 2,589Gear list
Like?
Re: Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?
In reply to CeleryBeats, 7 months ago

CeleryBeats wrote:

And FF is another advantage, I acknowledge you don't want to talk about that, but it's a huge advantage so you can't just gloss over it.

It is not a HUGE advantage. In a practical sense in most cases it is even irrelevant.

Size, usability, ergonomics, weight, things like focus peaking etc.. Those are huge advantages in a more practical sense.

The AF from a nikon D800 for example. For me as a user, that's the one reason i would grab it instead of my XE-2. And video

If i had a dollar for every time i heard about DOF. Odd, people use "preference" to explain why they like OVF for example, but nobody understands that not everybody likes super thin DOF. That is just as much a preference as anything else. I like seperation, but i don't need it to the extent a FF F1.2 offers. Something in the order of a F2.8 would offer enough for me, while making focusing much more accurate.

As you say, other things like peaking make a huge difference, but are completely overlooked. Some people just don't want to admit the truth, which is why the FF a7/r gets so much hate.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow