Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
brooklyn geezer
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
Has anyone mentioned tethering -
In reply to bigpigbig, 11 months ago

I have not read through whole thread yet. It Drives me crazy that none of the mirror less systems don't tether with C1 and/or LR . Ideally C1 but even LR would be acceptable. Why is this? Most professional studio photographers I know of use C1 as capture software with tethering and it would be nice to be able to do this with Fuji.

Yes there are workarounds and patches with eyefi / watched folders etc - but nothing that has such a an established work flow from a huge professional user base. I would love to see Fuji or other mirror less systems supported by an established tethering sollution.

I had an Oly e5 4/3rds that was a beauty in everyway (except size- yes still a dslr) but did not tether and I missed that.

I owned and had been testing/using xE2 and some fuji lenses and returned not long ago when I realized x-t1 was just around corner.

I am still on fence if to invest in fuji or not. primarily because of lack of focus speed, size of print from APC vs D800, and lack of tethering. Also - Rental houses in NY support cannon and nikon with full range of lenses - not so easy with Fuj - For that  shoot where you want a lens you don't own.

If I could afford both a d800 and a 100s, xe2 or maybe now xt1 I would buy both.

Not sure where I will land. SLR's tend to be paperweights more than I would like for me but I would also like to be able to tether rather easily and have fast af (maybe xt-1 is as good as my old e5?).

I loved the xe2 - I didn't like having to learn new software and implement new workflow for raw (still the case with xt-1 unless I call LR good enough) , worry over desire (or give up ability) to print larger than 17wide in the near future, and the AF issues with mirrorless.  I cant have it all - yet. Which is too bad cause yet is now and it is past time for me commit to new system.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow