if you had a digital camera with flawless clarity /detail/dynamic range would you be happy ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,000Gear list
Like?
Re: if you had a digital camera with flawless clarity /detail/dynamic range would you be happy ?
In reply to Super16mman, 8 months ago

Super16mman wrote:

Draek wrote:

As opposed to...?

Your comment reminds me of.....(snip)

I think what he's saying is those three things don't make photography what it is. Photography is subject matter, composition, lighting, texture, color etc. and sometimes our pursuit of technological excellence makes us forget those things. I think you can already see people rebelling against high-end digital photography through the lo-fi digital and film movements, although high-end camera and camera technologies are and will always be extremely important.

I think people forget there was a time when film was the new technology. Then digital. It just happens to be something else every so often. Don't forget though, without the people who insist we move forward, nobody would have any of this. If we were all fine with what we already have, we would still be using chalk on cave walls.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
And,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow