Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,560Gear list
Like?
Re: Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?
In reply to Midwest, 10 months ago

Midwest wrote:

Why are so many people trying to kill off the DSLR? Why do they care so much? I think it's to prove that they are right about another (their) kind of camera being better,

This theory is wrong, and i am proof. I have never owned a MILC, yet i hope the mirror dies ASAP. I have owned 1 SLT and 3 DSLRs. To me, mirrorless offers advantages that i prefer much more than any advantages that a DSLR offers. So to me, im "hoping" the DSLR dies. If it does, all that is left is mirrorless, and i will have a greater selection of cameras to buy. If DSLRs stay mainstream, MILC will stay niche, and i have less to choose from. It comes down to happiness, if we want opposite things, we cannot both be happy.

It is similar to two guys both applying for the same promotion at work. Only one guy can get it, it's a competition, and there has to be a loser. You like what  you like, i like what i like. I do agree with you on one point, i think some people don't want to admit they are wrong, even though logic tells us that the mirror will die.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow