Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hunt
Junior MemberPosts: 40Gear list
Like?
Chicago Photos From a New E-M1 Convert
8 months ago

I recently became a convert to the Oly E-M1 system and have sold all of my legacy Canon and Leica gear on eBay.  Having owned most of Canon's digital DSLR's made over the last decade and the Leica M9 this was a big step.  My reason was portability and flexibility since I often travel overseas and got tired of lugging two big Canon's and large L lenses on my trips.  While I liked the Leica size and image quality I disliked having to change lenses frequently and not having telephoto capability.

In December I purchased two E-M1 bodies, one with the Oly 12-40mm f2.8 Pro lens and one with the Panny 25-100mm f2.8 lens.  With this combo I can cover almost all of the photos I want to take without changing lenses.  Their light weight compared to the Canon gear is a godsend on long treks.  For my purposes the image quality is great.  I have exhibited and sold many images taken with less capable older Canon's including the 6 MP 10D.  Shooting RAW I don't feel that I am sacrificing much to move to the Oly system.

Attached are some photos I took with the E-M1 with the 12-40mm Pro lens last weekend.  They were shot RAW and converted in Aperture and Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.  When shooting in the cold, blustery Chicago weather I appreciated the weather sealed build quality of the camera and lens.  I'm really looking forward to lots more shooting with my new tools.

Anyone interested in my work taken mostly with Canon and Leica cameras is welcome to visit:

www.TheArtfulLens.com

Hunt Harris

Chicago River with Ice

Chicago River with Ice

Watertower Forms

Watertower Abstract

Watertower and House of Blues Abstract

Watertower and House of Blues

Chicago Riverwalk

Want to Take a River Cruise Today?

Burberry Abstract

Burberry Abstract

Burberry Building Abstract

Hunt's gear list:Hunt's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EOS 10D Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow