Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Limburger
Senior MemberPosts: 4,016Gear list
Like?
Re: Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?
In reply to Ontario Gone, 8 months ago

Ontario Gone wrote:

Limburger wrote:

The Fuji system needs some more lenses and a bigger choice of flashes.

DSLR's will be around as long they keep doing what they are good or at least better at.

AF and large buffers for bursts are important as are lenses that beyond 300mm eq.

The Fuji system now for certain types of shooting absolutely is an alternative yet not the only one.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Im happy to see Fuji push the format forward, but i think i will be passing as well. I think the lenses need a bit of work, and still no E shutter which i insist on having. Im not much for flash unless it's for macro. I am happy to see the rest of the mirrorless market improve to compete, it will make all of them better.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Good point there. Fuji says aps-c is the future (or at least they buid theirs on it).

As for lenses I got a 15-85 and 70-200 for my dslr, so the 18-55 and 55-200 would cover all the basics for me.

If not invested into dslr the X-T1 with above lenses would be on my shortlist.

Before I got my X100 I did try the X-E1. Very nice but I wasn't to invest into a new system aside dslr, I just wanted a compact with good IQ. The X100 is also fun to use.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow