Like?
Re: How do i edit this
In reply to Dareshooter, 6 months ago

Dareshooter wrote:

Victor Engel wrote:

Dareshooter wrote:

Ron AKA wrote:

The metadata shows the flash fired.

OK thanks Ron I stand corrected. Must have been a very weak burst though.

The guide number of the build in flash is low enough that I think you'd have to be about 6 feet away for this kind of lighting. I haven't run the numbers, mind you, but I think it's pretty close. Note the background, which is pretty close to correctly exposed is full sun daylight. The flash would need to match the power of the sun, or at least be within a stop or so. The built-in flash probably simply isn't powerful enough.

-- hide signature --

Victor Engel

ISO was 100 so raising it to 400 would have been beneficial.Having said that I've never had a problem with the built in at that distance.

Changing the ISO wouldn't have done squat. The shutter speed would have compensated so the background wouldn't overexpose. It's not the distance alone that's the problem. It's that you need to match the brightness of full sun at that distance that is the problem.

-- hide signature --

Victor Engel

Victor Engel's gear list:Victor Engel's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow